Painting your house is not done just to cover up the uneven work beneath. You don’t just paint your house because everybody else is doing it. Even if that is the reason, why not go for the best shades of color when you have to paint after all?
Blues and purples are easy; you cannot go wrong with them. But, you cannot always make a statement with them either. You need the warm tones with the cool earthy tones to make a statement. Here are some of the best house painting ideas that will make small rooms look big and cold places warm up.
Yellow is the commonest color in the sense it is perfect for your bedroom, living room, kitchen, and the bathrooms. Yellow is a color that has no restrictions. However, there are a few ways in which you can make this happy color work best for you:
- Golden– You can use golden for your curtains and one small couch in contrast to an all-white or all-brown or all-whatever room. This will not only brighten up your room, but also make everything more sophisticated. Add a golden lampshade and your room is everybody’s dream room now. This tip is especially suitable for living rooms.
- Sunshine– This need not be a real shade but you might find it in house painting Even if you don’t, it’s easy to spot. The yellow that you think of when you think about sunshine is the perfect shade of yellow for your bedroom. This color will reflect light and warm vibes to make you happy and confident every morning.
Have you noticed how restaurants use a lot of orange? It is because orange triggers your brain to increase appetite. Hence, orange is a good color for the kitchen and the dining space. But you need to be smart about the balance. Here’s how:
- No full walls– Don’t let all the walls of the kitchen be all orange. Its house painting not an actual restaurant. Let just a pillar be orange and leave the adjacent wall white or yellow. Let one wall be orange and hang colorful crockery from it.
- Accessorize– Put some orange tiles and orange cutlery in the kitchen. Have plates with orange borders to go with the orange theme wall in the dining space.
Red is not a color that you can use in very small spaces. It might end up looking congested. However, bright red is perfect for big rooms. You need to make sure that:
- You don’t paint the whole room red.
- You don’t paint more than 40% of the vision red.
- You have one signature furniture piece in the same shade of red as of the wall.
- You have a cooler shade in contrast, say white or blue.
If you love red but live in a small place, don’t be dismayed. These same house painting tips can work for small apartments too. Just make sure that you don’t break the <40% rule.